Craven Street Books is an imprint of Linden Publishing, Inc. located in downtown Fresno, California. Its primary focus is on the history, people, and places of California. Craven Street Books is a traditional, royalties paying imprint of Linden Publishing.
A strong submission will include:
A Query Letter: (one page) that includes:
- The idea and purpose of your book.
- The audience for the book.
- Why you believe the book to be important or suitable
- A paragraph introducing yourself, and any biographical or background information explaining your qualifications for writing the book.
A Book Proposal (no more than five pages) that includes:
SYNOPSIS: An in-depth synopsis of the book offering an overview of the proposed book. This will include:
- The book’s subject matter, purpose, and structure
- A book outline or table of contents, including brief descriptions of the material planned for each chapter.
- Descriptions or examples of any visual materials to accompany the text, such as photos, illustrations, charts, or other graphics.
THE AUDIENCE AND MARKETABILITY: This will include:
- The audience for the book: Who will be the readers for your book? What defines them? Are they a particular demographic? What interests do they have in common? Please be specific.
- How to reach this audience: What publications does your audience read? What websites do they visit? How can we publicize your book to them?
- The competition: What other books are there that already exist on this topic or are similar to this topic?
- What is your book’s competitive advantage: What elements of this book will make it stand out in the book market? How is your book different, unique, more complete, or superior?
AUTHOR PLATFORM: This will include:
- Your complete biographical or professional information in relation to the book. How are you an expert on your subject or your field?
- Any website, blogs, or social media platforms where you contribute content that can help promote the book.
- Any professional organizations to which you belong that may relate to the book.
SAMPLE CHAPTERS OR SUPPORTING MATERIALS:
- Include a sample 10-15 pages of your manuscript for evaluation.
- Or you may include other proposal-related writing samples: articles, blog posts, etc.
To Send Proposal by Postal Mail
Send a package containing the required information to:
Linden Publishing/Craven Street Books
Attn: Kent Sorsky
2006 S. Mary St.
Fresno, CA 93721
If you’d like the items returned, please include a self- addressed stamped envelope with postage to cover return mail.
To Send Proposal by Email
State in the subject window: BOOK PROPOSAL – Craven Street Books
Address your email to email@example.com